March 20, 2011

Jodie Foster wants to Direct a Sci-fi Movie

Jodie Foster has announced that she is planning to direct a new science fiction film once her work on current projects is completed.

Having served as director on upcoming drama The Beaver, Jodie Foster claimed that she is interested in moving into a different genre for her next film.
"I'd like to do that because that's a world I live in as an actor but I've never really gone to as a director," she added, referring to her appearance in the 1997 Carl Sagan's science fiction drama Contact.

Foster also said that despite her enthusiasm for the project, it is still a long time before production gets underway.

-"It's not anywhere close to being ready," the actress admitted.
"I don't write, so that always puts me at the mercy of some enormous talent that comes out of the woodwork that somehow has the same obsessions as me."

Foster continues to act in addition to taking on directorial projects, despite recently admitting that she has considered leaving acting altogether.

The star was recently confirmed to have joined the cast of Neill Blomkamp's science fiction film Elysium.

No comments: